mscal.ocx (calendar control) for Excel 2007

joefrench

I cannot seem to be able to find a calendar control for Excel 2007. Is the calendar control 11.0 still applicable for 2007? I have a 2003 version but cannot regiester it for use on my system. Maybe I'm missing something there when I try to register it? I'm working on Windows Vista. In XP, I was able to access the Run command and run "regsvr32 mscal.ocx". This gives me an error on vista. Any ideas?

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Does Vista store files in C:\Windows\System32 or in C:\Windows\System like Microsoft ME?
You might try putting the mscal.ocx file there and try to register it again.

Or it might be a Excel 2007 issue instead.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Upvote 0
There is both a System32 folder and a System folder under C:\Windows. I have placed the mscal.ocx file in each and tried to register it but I just get an error. I'm figuring the mscal.ocx file isn't compatible with Vista (go figure) and cannot seem to find anything online about this.

Upvote 0
Joe,

I can't track it down but I remember reading that Vista changes the requiremetns for add-ins. Really frustrating, but basically it's case sensitive and Vista requires a single letter to be capitalised. No cap, no result. Unfortunately, no memory of what needs to be capitalised either...

Denis

Upvote 0
Has anyone attempted to run a calendar control in Excel 2007 yet? I cannot seem to find anything online about this yet. I now need to run it on an XP unit running 2007.

Upvote 0
Thank you Denis.

I had seen that page. Unfortunately, my calendar is on a userform. I've been able to find the newest calendar control (mscal.ocx V9) and have it working with 2007. My next problem is back to getting the .ocx file registered on Vista....in which case I am trying to track down what you had mentioned earlier. If I find anything, I will post it.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back