Excel 97 Main Help File

Mike E Golding

Board Regular
My file mainxl.hlp is corrupted on my original disk and although I have Office 2000 as well as Office 97 Professional I need 97 more often. Naturally I 'phoned Microsoft to get a replacement disc but in their wisdom (Cheque Book) they have discontinued 97 and say that they don't even have a copy of the file. Please can somebody assist. Thanks from Mike.

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
hi --

Well big thanks to Microsoft for being so nice again to registered users of out of date software we all paid millions to purchase that they discontinued for no reason other tha .. i have no idea.

My Fix you need the file, get hold of a copy of the software and load it, OK tecnhical againstthe copyright laws, but you only wan a file from the suite thas no longer avalible, i say you bought it you have a right to it, Microsoft could see their way to help if it wanted to.

Your covered legally as you have fulldsp version or oem version with licence so i do not see what MS can do, no thatthey will know or do much as as out of date.

What else can you do?

You covered as you have a licence.... thats all that counts....

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back