Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Excel 97 Main Help File

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My file mainxl.hlp is corrupted on my original disk and although I have Office 2000 as well as Office 97 Professional I need 97 more often. Naturally I 'phoned Microsoft to get a replacement disc but in their wisdom (Cheque Book) they have discontinued 97 and say that they don't even have a copy of the file. Please can somebody assist. Thanks from Mike.
    Mikee

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi --

Well big thanks to Microsoft for being so nice again to registered users of out of date software we all paid millions to purchase that they discontinued for no reason other tha .. i have no idea.

My Fix you need the file, get hold of a copy of the software and load it, OK tecnhical againstthe copyright laws, but you only wan a file from the suite thas no longer avalible, i say you bought it you have a right to it, Microsoft could see their way to help if it wanted to.

Your covered legally as you have fulldsp version or oem version with licence so i do not see what MS can do, no thatthey will know or do much as as out of date.

What else can you do?

You covered as you have a licence.... thats all that counts....
    Free Excel based Web Toolbar available here.

Jack in the UK
    J & R Excel Solutions
    "making Excel work for you"

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others