Sharing a workbook

mbunce

I have one excel workbook called the master battleboard. I also have copies of this on other sites. My aim is to merge them so the master has everyones info. I know no ones info will be overwritten as they all have different sections to write in. The problem is that in order to merge I need to share the workbook first. When I go to "Tools" - "Share Workbook" and the click allow changes by more than one person and OK, it asks if it is OK to save when I click OK Excel crashes and brings up and application error : Access Violation (0xc0000005) address 0x00560055. I am using Excel 97 on a windows NT4 sp6 workstation. Does anyone know how I can solve this problem? It is the only thing stopping me from completing my task.

Thank you in Advance!

Maria
:confused:

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
I sure hope that this is not the best answer you get.

I had a similiar problem on WINNT 4 and it about drove me mad. I drove the help desk mad. No one could help me so I tried everything I could think of and then some.

If all else fails, and I'm hoping it does not, here is what worked for me. Don't ask why because I do not know. But it worked.

I opened a new workbook alongside the one generating the protection faults in WINNT.

I copied, not moved, each individual worksheet from the old workbook to the new one, renamed the new workbook, and never had a problem again...

Is there a chance that your workbook was created on another machine? With a diferent
operating system?

I may have just been lucky, but we are still using it from over a year ago!!!

Good Luck!

Upvote 0
Hi Maria --

NT4 sp6 ok up todate, try the copy over trick, not cut and paste thou.. resave new name or name original old before transfer,

Are the Excel versions and build compatable??? Try on other PC's

Somethings simple is bugging Excel and shes comfused, what alterations have you nmade sine was all ok?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back