Save a file with each worksheet?

Prosenjit Banerjee

Q1. Is it possible that I save a binary file in the workbook (specially a new file for each sheet) itself programmatically? If yes then how?

Q2. I have to get an ID like thing for any cell so that I can identify it seperately even after the cell is moved anywhere. I checked whether there is a "CodeName" like property for a cell (range). But I was unable to find it out. Then, I thought that I would save (hide from the users) a unique value in the specified cells so that later after reopening the workbook I can locate the cell by retrieving the value. So, I chose the ID property of the range. But I saw that after putting a value in the ID of a cell if I save the workbook and reopen it, the ID of that particular cell becomes blank! So, can you tell me any alternative way to save a unique number for any particular cell and about what the user of Excel won't be aware of?

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leon Leenders

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back