autocorrect

Shiny

I would like to learn more about how to use the AutoCorrect feature in Excel. More specifically, I recieve data from a vendor where the products listed are abbreviated. I also receive a list of abbreviations. Can I utlize the AutoCorrect feature to automatically translate the abbreviations as the data is recieved in Excel?

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
See the Excel Help topic for "Correct spelling and typing errors as you type". Especially, note the last sentence of the Tip.

Upvote 0
I don’t think excel will auto correct text that is not typed into it, like if it is pasted into excel, you can see what's in, and add to the auto correct list by going to tools AutoCorrect

Upvote 0
On 2002-03-20 10:13, Paul B wrote:
I don’t think excel will auto correct text that is not typed into it, like if it is pasted into excel, you can see what's in, and add to the auto correct list by going to tools AutoCorrect

True, but a simple macro could be written that "visits" each cell, activates the formula bar (F2) and moves on.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back