i almost have it figured out

snowsurfer

I am trying to create a time sheet. I almost have it figured out. The overtime law for CAlif is
DAILY OVERTIME COMPENSATION

The law establishes new overtime compensation rules for employers. These rules apply to hourly employees who are non-union, not exempt and do not work under an alternative workweek schedule. Employers are required to pay their employees overtime as follows:

Pay time and a-half pay after eight hours of daily work and double pay after 12 hours of daily work.
Pay time and a-half pay after 40 hours of work in one workweek and for the first eight hours worked on the seventh day of work.
Pay double time for hours worked in the excess of eight hours on any seventh day of a workweek.

I have it all worked out except how to count if this is the seventh day worked. I can email anyone the file if you can help so that you can see what I have. Thanks

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
At home right now, so don't have access to excel, but using the weekday function is the answer. if weekday = 1, this is Sunday.

Hope you can work it from here.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back