A Printing Question

kluitna

Board Regular
I know how to make columns repeat themselves at the left of the page when printing. But is there a way to make a column repeat on the right side of the page also? IE have a totals column repeat on each page along with a title column still repeating on the left. Any help is much appreciated.

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Thanks Al,

You would think MS, would have that option, seems pretty obvous to me, maybe it will be a new feature in Excel-XP-V12...

Upvote 0
On 2002-03-20 11:29, kluitna wrote:
I know how to make columns repeat themselves at the left of the page when printing. But is there a way to make a column repeat on the right side of the page also? IE have a totals column repeat on each page along with a title column still repeating on the left. Any help is much appreciated.

you did say *any* help :

if you can spare the page width, how about taking a snapshot of the column and pasting it on the right to each page you want printed
?

it's the camera icon, in view / toolbars / customise / commands / tools

Upvote 0
Hi Chris:
Thanks for this tip ... GREAT! I have brought the camera icon on one of the tool bars -- now I have to find ways of using it gainfully. T H A N K S !

Upvote 0
*chuckle*

I use it to take snapshots of different parts of the worksheet..... say, summary data ranges where all the column widths are different

you can then just pop the snapshots onto a single sheet and not have to worry about different column widths or anything as they are pictures and will align up perfectly, say if it's an overall summary sheet, maybe in a memo style

(I have to echo Jack here - "Word sucks"... I do all my Word stuff in Excel. In fact, Word really does suck.)

they are also "realtime", in so far as they update themselves when the scource data is updated

Glad it found a use !

Upvote 0
Hi Chris:
Thanks for some more insight into the use of the CAMERA Option. I have another question for you. Do you use the Copy_Picture Paste_Picture in Excel (taking picture this way is static), whereas the CAMERA Picture is dynamic.
Any other comments on comparable features and pros and cons on the use of one versus the other!

Upvote 0
(I have to echo Jack here - "Word sucks"... I do all my Word stuff in Excel. In fact, Word really does suck.)

To add i always end in crossed words over this but excel has weeknesses, like text upside down can not be done, erm no it kinda can a pal Ivan F Moala solved that one!

mail merge,, cant be done .. erm yes its can merge is just batch work all the same... simple vlookup will do. but what of different data say debt owed not so sinmple Ok merge can roll on click the user numbers and bigo debt input

SLOOOOOWWW!

In VBA you can do about 100 to 120 different letter s in a minute well i can and i do all in excel.. no different asnd effort free

I designed the code and evelop it....

what else??? Im stuck!

excel wins

Upvote 0
Try making a print macro with the following code inserted at the beginning of the macro code

With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
.PrintTitleRows = ""
.PrintTitleColumns = "enter columns to be printed at the edge of each sheet here"
End With

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CAT RG

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back