Gridlines Not All Showing Up

sunday_storyteller

Board Regular
In Excel, I have a worksheet where the gridlines are not showing up. I'm not talking about cell borders (which I do not have any of in this worksheet). But I do want the normal light-grey lines to show up when the sheet is viewed on the screen, though no borders are supposed to actually print. In fact, only some of the gridlines are showing up, which really puzzles me.

I went to:
Tools --> Options
View Tab
Window Options category.
The checkbox is clicked for Gridlines, and "Gridlines Color" is set to automatic. (I tried setting it to grey manually, but that only showed up with grey gridlines for the ones that are showing gridlines....but none for the others that aren't.)

I don't understand how one sheet could have some cells with gridlines and some not. None of this affects how the sheet prints (whether it is checked or not), of course. People can print a copy with no problem, but it looks unprofessional in the soft copy.

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
The FILL color for those cells may be set to white. Try selecting the cells then /Format/Cells/Patterns/No Color.

Upvote 0
Solved my problem as well. Who would have ever thought of fill colour making the grid lines go away.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TS_711

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back