Web Query problems in Excel 97

cjones88

I work on an ancient NT machine at work that only has Excel 97 installed. Our administrator locks just about every function on our machine, so I am unable to create a web query using the wizard in Excel. To make matters easier, I created the correct query on another machine using Excel 2000, then saved it as an iqy file and ran it on my work machine in Excel 97. My query works in 2000, and only displays the tables on the website that I specify (i.e tables 2 and 6). This keeps the data consistent and brief, which is what I want since this encompasses a lot of data and formulas. However, when I run the query in 97, ALL of the tables on the webpage that I am getting data from appear. What a nightmare! It makes formulas useless, as some of the requested data may be in 8 rows and 15 columns while others are in 11 rows and 33 columns. And not only do I have inconsistent data entries, but I also have a page full of links to other sites, all of which are not necessary. Any of you know the VB codes to only extract data from certain tables in 97? I don't know if it is possible, as the web query tools are different in 97 and 2000 (or 2002/XP, etc).

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Hi --

Good question and i like that one!

XP will argue with 97 on web based stuff as a general rule, 2000 will be grumpy with some issues,

I would wait till XP or 2000 arrives and then work it else codes will need to check the OP and select case to suite, also case select the version... not good

A big thanks to Microsoft again i feel.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennimack

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back