THIS MIGHT BE A TOUGH ONE?

CAPT.PT

I am making a payroll for the Fire Dept., We work alot differant hrs. than anyone else, trust me!

Our pay period runs every 14 days, so I have worksheets to cover that with one big problem..I have to incorporate the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) that runs on a 27 day cycle.
Qusetion is, if I make templates for the normal pay periods of 14 days...how can I incorporate this other cycle? This hardly ever starts on the same day as the pay period!

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
On 2002-03-20 15:02, CAPT.PT wrote:
I am making a payroll for the Fire Dept., We work alot differant hrs. than anyone else, trust me!

Our pay period runs every 14 days, so I have worksheets to cover that with one big problem..I have to incorporate the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) that runs on a 27 day cycle.
Qusetion is, if I make templates for the normal pay periods of 14 days...how can I incorporate this other cycle? This hardly ever starts on the same day as the pay period!

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Maybe you'll find it here:
http://www.workforcesoftware.com/labor-laws/flsa.html
Eli
This message was edited by eliW on 2002-03-21 11:07

Upvote 0
Day one week one will co-incide every 378 days, (14 X 27) you will need to set the template up for that period. (Ours runs every 112 days here in Corrections) I used Case Statements for my master roster program. I have 5000 employees who work 5 days on 3 days off and 1000 employees who work a non standard schedule that repeats every 112 days with no two shifts exactly alike, and I have 125 who work 4 on 4 off 5 on 3 off, 10 hour day. If you set each schedule up in a seporate module it makes it easier to trouble shoot.

Yours in EXCELent Frustration
KniteMare

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back