Excel Options

spg2112

Hello All,

Really bizarre thing here. Under Tools>Options>Calculation I keep checking the Automatic calculation, unchecking Iterations and making the max interations 100. I think that's the Excel default.

For some reason though when I open Excel, it defaults to Automatically Save on Tables, The Iteration box is checked, and the max Iteration is 1, which won't allow circular calcs. This is crazy!

Any Ideas?

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
My Excel did the same thing by default.
One way to overcome this, is to open a blank sheet, set the options you want.
Save this workbook as a template, naming it Book.xlt and save it in the XLSTART directory.
EL will now use this template for every new book including your options.
regards Tommy

Upvote 0
Hi there:

I have a similar question about Excel 2007.

After I check (or clear) "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon" and "Enable iterative calculation" and quit Excel, the next time I launch Excel (from start menu) I notice that Excel remembers the value of the tab property correctly but the iterative calculation is always cleared.

To me, both settings should be remembered correctly since they are application properties

Is there a way to change the default value for the iterative calculation property directly (like a registry entry or something like that)?

I know about the possibility of using a template, but that´s not what I want to do.

As a matter of fact, I think I need the type of solution I´m asking for because I actually need is to solve another problem, to wit, allowing iterative calculation in a embedded worksheet in a PowerPoint slide.

Tks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back