'insert copied cells' missing

gidsy

Board Regular
Hi,

I have a user that is using the copy command and then going to another workbook and trying to use the 'insert copied cells' command by right clicking over a cell.

The menu shows 'Insert' only. I have had the workbook sent to me and it works for me.

Is there a setting or something that stops this option?

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
check too see if the excel version are the same on yours and if they are different on hers..

that is the only thing i can think of that would make a difference.

John

Upvote 0
the only other thing i canthink of is if she has it opened in compatibility mode if she does many functions are disabled.

srry i'm not more helpful.

john

Upvote 0
if she opens her file and it does say compatibility mode at the very top center, then have her save as the file as a regular file.

crazy excel.

John

Upvote 0
She can't see it....Is there any other way of finding out whether it is in this mode.

Upvote 0
A colleague has just come across this problem and I found that if filters were cleared (Do not have to be turned off but nothing should be filtered), that resolved the issue.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
My regards,<o:p></o:p>
Paul

Upvote 0
Try going into excel options and make sure that the for objects show > all checkbox is ticked

Upvote 0
A colleague has just come across this problem and I found that if filters were cleared (Do not have to be turned off but nothing should be filtered), that resolved the issue.<!--?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /--><o:p></o:p>
My regards,<o:p></o:p>
Paul

Worked for me. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back