Insert row on button position

Q45

How do I insert a row using a macro button that insert the row beneath the row that the macro button is touching?

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Curious....why not just put the Insert Row toolbar button up on the toolbar, or even on its own floating toolbar?

Upvote 0
hi --
can i ask what your trying to do?

i love the question but can not work how this will be usable, the button will need to be moved about, can i suggest that the row is inserted below the active cell??? so that you select the row any column abd run the script so the row is inserted, thus no need for moving a button about all the time and that would be some complex script...

If thisis of in sure i can write some VBA code.

HTH
Rdgs
==========
Jack

Upvote 0
It's a sales tracking tool to be used by very non-excel oriented people all over the country. They need to enter rows based on the number of sales and they need a tool to facilitate this under several different salespersons sections. (i.e., sales rep A consists of rows 4:8 initially, sales rep B consists of rows 10:14, etc... more rows need to be added to the specific rep that exceeds four sales a month.)

Upvote 0
Maybe a stupid suggestion, but why not do a workbook with a seperate sheet for each salesman, then as long as they don't have more than 65,536 sales a month there shouldn't be any need to add a row.

Rick

Upvote 0
This is a sold orders entry page that populates an individual reps own sheet.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back