Surveys, anyone?

Todd K

I am looking for a way to create a "user survey" system in Excel...criteria:
Must have responses in check boxes or pull-down boxes...
Must have a way of compiling the responses from a single user on a single sheet (the "Data" sheet)...
Must have a way for the user to automatically send back to me (the creator) just the data sheet by e-mail...

Nice to have would be an easy Master Control workbook that imports the values from each user's returned sheet automatically...

Anyone seen an implementation with Excel like this? Would be very appreciative...

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
At the risk of being no help to you in your specific request whatsoever, can I ask why you need to do surveys in Excel at all?
I work for a Market Research data processing company and it is of my opinion (and I believe the MR DP industry as a whole in the UK) that Excel is not the best tool for the job.
Sure, it's possible. However, the labour required in setting up the survey is far more than justifies the means. If you need to do a user survey in this fashion, my preference would be a web survey.
You can see the sort of thing that is possible by following the www link below and looking for Inweb.
Apologies for the shameless plug, but the key message is that there are better ways of doing this than an Excel application (in my humble opinion!).

Rgds
AJ

Upvote 0
Todd,

This is all possible in excel. Take a look at creating a userform with comboboxes, checkboxes, optionbuttons, textboxes. Link the values of these boxes and buttons to cell ranges in your data worksheet. Use the command workbook.sendmail to email the data back to you. Post specific questions as you come across them.

This message was edited by Al Chara on 2002-03-22 17:06

Upvote 0
Hi --

To add, i dont see why Excel cant be used to opperate this task, forms, ticks and drop donws and all the rest will make this possible and a rich project.

the survey is a project and needs to be addressed as such so your need to build stage by stage, like the earlier posts best approach will be to attack the step by step and post each stage to get ideaqs and anwers to bits you get stuck on,

I use this board to ask help and many readers will say why is JACK asking that im know he knows the answer, i use this board and friends as a rich libary of advice help and IDEAS, which they all help soi very much, i post small snips to get different ideas.

Back to the survey no fixed approach and will depent on hat an d how you decide you waht things to look and run your call..

I have a survey i did work on its rubbish really poor but never really to the level you want, can post it you like, but its poor but at least will spur some ideas, this was used and so can have some good i guess.

No complaints is rough!

If you want email on my profile and ill send soon as email working at work again.

Good luck.. all wil be fine but will take a lot of effort and evelopement to be really slick and nice, im sure you get there

Upvote 0
I have had to create a survey in excel recently. What helped the most was http://www.fontstuff.com: If you will go to the download section, There is a userforms download. Very good for starting a survey form in excel.
If you would like to peak at the excel workbook that my sister and I have been working just let me know.
cearamerkle@yahoo.com

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drewmorgan128

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back