Copying sheets to another workbook-without links

Kinney

How do I copy a sheet to another workbook without the link to the original and still maintain the formula?

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
Yes, that is it, but I would like to paste multiple sheets at a time, and there is no option for paste special when copying sheets from one workbook to another. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
There are a total of 10 sheets, which get information for the formulas from other sheets in the same workbook. I have 250 workbooks to create these identical 10 sheets in. All workbooks are of the same format (the data is on the same sheet label, same cell identifier, just different data). When I copy them to another workbook, the links are posted in the formulas. I would like the sheets to copy over without the links and start using the identified cell and sheet as listed in the original formula. Thanks for your help!

Upvote 0
Try defining your old and new filenames, copy-paste the sheet, then add a variation of this to your macro: (use record-macro to get the syntax right)

ActiveWorkbook.ChangeLink Name:="oldfilename.xls", NewName:= _
"\foldernamenewfilename.xls", Type:=xlExcelLinks

Upvote 0
That would work, but the sheets are rather large and contain many formulas, is there a way to just specify "remove links" from the copied sheet?

Upvote 0
I wish it was that easy. ;o) If you want to do it manually then Edit-Links-Change Source and replace with the new (active workbook) filename.

Upvote 0
Open both workbooks.....right click on the sheet tabs you want to copy and choose a workbook to paste them into. Make sure you tick the create a copy checkbox or you'll move the original.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back