Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Excel v4 spreadsheet not working on new versions.

I have a very useful program that was written in Excel v4. I have tried to get it working in Excel v2000 - v5. It has plenty of the old XLM macro's that don't seem to work in the newer versions of Excel and the program stops working when it gets to crosstabs etc.

What are my options for getting this working, is there a way of getting hold of excel v4 (I have the correct licenses) or is there a lite version that can run the program without editing it. Can the macros be edited or converted to work on a more recent version?? Help please!!!

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think getting hold of xl4 is your best shot - i tried to convert some xl4 macros to vba by turning on the vba macro recorder and running the xl4 macros but the recorder thought it was an application running and i only got about 2 lines of useless code out of it. we relied on them fairly heavily and there was much pulling of hair when we upgraded to excel 5 (it was supposed to run xl4 macros but never did properly) and we never found a way to get around it so had to stick with xl4 for those functions. that was a while ago though. sorry i can't be of any help, but i do know how you feel. good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All my XL4 macro's are working in Excel 97...
    XL2000 is not installed on my PC

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others