Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Delete rows w/values; create mult. sheets from data

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the best way to automatically search for and delete rows that have a certain value in a field? For example, in a spreadsheet, I want to find all the lines that have "x" in a field and delete them from the spreadsheet.
    Also, is there a way to extract certain data and create separate worksheets? For example, each different sales person code should be on a different worksheet; all are on one currently.

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On 2002-03-22 09:49, tweetyksc wrote:
    What's the best way to automatically search for and delete rows that have a certain value in a field? For example, in a spreadsheet, I want to find all the lines that have "x" in a field and delete them from the spreadsheet.
    Also, is there a way to extract certain data and create separate worksheets? For example, each different sales person code should be on a different worksheet; all are on one currently.
    I'd suggest using Data|Filter|AutoFiler. Select custom, containing X; then you can delete the rows that contain that value.

As for creating a sheet per sales rep, an "idea" is to create one master sheet that has a table containing all the information headings from the master sheet, the populate it with vlookups that run off the sales rep name: then make copies for as many sales reps as you have and input the unique rep name for each sheet -- the tables would fill in with the vlookups for just that rep on each sheet.

If you can "see" this idea, great - if not, give a shout for more clarification.

[ This Message was edited by: Duane on 2002-03-22 11:05 ]

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others