Can't get correct result from two option buttons

clares

I posted ealier a question regarding option buttons but I was unsucessful in getting it going. Please could you look and offer me any solutions. The code that I am using is:

Sub Start_Click()
If optionbutton1 = True Then
Worksheets("Labels").Select
ElseIf optionbutton2 = True Then
Worksheets("Products").Select
End If
End Sub

I have two option buttons on a dialog box, and a button named start, with code in the "onclick event".

1 Continue with existing labels (button1)
2 Create new labels (button2)

What I want to do is if the user presses the top button then presses Start, the code needs to open up the labels worksheet, or if the user chooses the second option and clicks on the start button it opens up the product worksheet. Please help

Thanks in advance - not sure what I am doing wrong!!

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Try the following code:

Private Sub start_Click()
If OptionButton1.Value = True Then
ElseIf OptionButton2.Value = True Then
End If
UserForm1.Hide
End Sub

The code does what you want and then closes the userform. Replace UserForm1 with the name of your userform.

Upvote 0
Thanks but the same problem as I had earlier on and that's that when I run the code the debug window opens and highlighted in yellow is the "If OptionButton1.Value = True Then" and when I pass the cursor over the true vaule it tells me that true=true and nothing opens? Any ideas?
On 2002-03-22 16:14, Al Chara wrote:
Try the following code:

End If
UserForm1.Hide
End Sub

The code does what you want and then closes the userform. Replace UserForm1 with the name of your userform.

[/quote]

Upvote 0
Al's code needs to go in the same module as your userform. To make sure, double-click on the command button on your userform whilst in the VB editor and copy and paste the code in between the sub declaration and 'End Sub' over your exisitng code.

Upvote 0
I just pasted it over the existing code, however I didn't use the userform - I used the dialog box feature. Earlier on in the day I used a userform and still had the same result?

On 2002-03-22 16:24, Mudface wrote:
Al's code needs to go in the same module as your userform. To make sure, double-click on the command button on your userform whilst in the VB editor and copy and paste the code in between the sub declaration and 'End Sub' over your exisitng code.
[/quote]

Upvote 0
Could you post all the code in your userform module, the names of your option buttons and the names of the sheets you want selected, along with the error(s) you get when you click on the 'start' button?

Upvote 0
I recommend using the userform method. Try it again, with my code placed in the module for the userform.

Upvote 0
Yes, no worries!

End If
dialog1.Hide
End Sub

This is the code that I am using the error is runtime 424, object requuired! The name of the form is dialog1, the name of the first button is Continue with existing labels and the name of the second option button is Create new lables. The error offers me the debug option and when I go debug, the first line of code:
If OptionButton1.Value = True Then is highlighted in yellow!!

Thanks
On 2002-03-22 16:36, Mudface wrote:
Could you post all the code in your userform module, the names of your option buttons and the names of the sheets you want selected, along with the error(s) you get when you click on the 'start' button?
[/quote]

Upvote 0
Its working - hippeee

Thanks everyone its now working I created a new userform amnd its fine. Brilliant. Well its 1.10am in the UK and I'm going to bed. Thanks again
On 2002-03-22 16:48, clares wrote:
Yes, no worries!

End If
dialog1.Hide
End Sub

This is the code that I am using the error is runtime 424, object requuired! The name of the form is dialog1, the name of the first button is Continue with existing labels and the name of the second option button is Create new lables. The error offers me the debug option and when I go debug, the first line of code:
If OptionButton1.Value = True Then is highlighted in yellow!!

Thanks
On 2002-03-22 16:36, Mudface wrote:
[/quote]

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back