Exclude hidden rows in pivot table

khenn

Board Regular
I have a bunch of filtered/hidden rows in my source sheet for a pivot table. I do not want these rows included in my pivot table calculations. Is this possible?

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
You can add the fields on which you're filtering and their filter criteria to the pivot table, then drag them to the page field. This will exclude them.

If the criteria are complex, consider adding a new field column in your source data then using that to filter the pivot table records.

Upvote 0
Well, fantastic it is! I'm glad that something so non-specific was so easy to implement for you.

Upvote 0
I actually used your second option and created a field that indicated if it was a visible field or not. Then included that field in the pivot table and filtered the pivot table on that field. I was unaware that you could actually filter on pivot tables! Thats a huge time saver! Thanks again!

Upvote 0
I actually used your second option and created a field that indicated if it was a visible field or not. Then included that field in the pivot table and filtered the pivot table on that field. I was unaware that you could actually filter on pivot tables! Thats a huge time saver! Thanks again!

Dear All Users

You can add slicer after create pivot table, select field you want to filter as slicer ,you can select multiple values of slicer, (Slicer available in on & after office version 2007) now you can see only selected data (filtered) from slicer in pivot Table.

you can see more usage of slicer in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0U9oeRggFk

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Chirag Raval

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back