Text in cells

asudevils5150

I have Excel 97 and typed a 500 character text in a cell. On the edit line, all the characters show, yet on the display, only part of it is displayed. I did wrap text, column width adjustments and smaller fonts. Same thing when it prints in that only part of it is displayed. Please help.

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Can i merge two cells together with 1/2 on one cell and the other half of the text on the one below? Any suggestions? Thanks

Upvote 0
with your 500 chars in A1 you could put =LEFT(A1,250) in one cell and =RIGHT(A1,250) or =MID(A1,251,250) in another below it. is that what you mean?
another thought is to use a text box
This message was edited by anno on 2002-02-20 22:02

Upvote 0
I was thinking that if Excel 97 allows you to only display 256 characters per cell (i'm sure this is the case), then i would somehow need to break up my 500 character text into two cells. So cell a1 would have 250 characters (or around there) and cell A2 would have the remaining characters. Then on A3, i would somehow merge the cells together and display all 500 characters. I guess the question is, is there a way to get around the 256 character limit via display. When I go to the edit line on cell A1 where i have my 500 character text, I can see all the text on the edit line. Do i need to do some VBA work?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back