IF function

Big_guy

Hi

I am having a problem. I need the following If formula to work for me.

The scenerio: A building having a GFA greater than 250 and less than 1500 must have its parking measured at 1 space/28m2.

Therefore I need the following function (which I have apparantly not written the right syntax for)
F20 is the final GFA cell

If(250<F20>1500, F20/G27,"") This works for GFA area over 250m2, however it doesnt shut off when I reach 1500m2 floor area. I have another cell that does the over 1500m2 calculation so I need this one to blank out after 1500m2. Sorry if this is confusing. I hope you understand what I'm trying to explain.

Thanks for any help
Larry (Big_guy)

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
On 2002-03-23 22:15, Big_guy wrote:
Hi

I am having a problem. I need the following If formula to work for me.

The scenerio: A building having a GFA greater than 250 and less than 1500 must have its parking measured at 1 space/28m2.

Therefore I need the following function (which I have apparantly not written the right syntax for)
F20 is the final GFA cell

If(250<F20>1500, F20/G27,"") This works for GFA area over 250m2, however it doesnt shut off when I reach 1500m2 floor area. I have another cell that does the over 1500m2 calculation so I need this one to blank out after 1500m2. Sorry if this is confusing. I hope you understand what I'm trying to explain.

Thanks for any help
Larry (Big_guy)

Larry, try this:
=IF(AND(F20>250,F20<1500),F20/G27,"")
Eli

Upvote 0
Thanks so much for your help Eli. I was trying to get that to work for 3 hours last night. Man I really appreciate you assistance :) Everything is working perfectly now.

Take care.

Larry

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back