Disreguard this post

L

Legacy 98055

I know it is possible with ADO, but maybe someone here can show me an easier way to accomplish the following.

I have a master workbook which will be in charge of updating multiple other workbooks.

What I would like to do is to update the workbooks without opening them.

I have found multiple examples of updating the open workbook with data from a closed workbook. How about the other way around?

Can I send data to a closed workbook?

If you know the syntax, please post an example of sending info from ActiveWorkbookMaster.xls Range A:1 to ClosedExample.xls cell B:1

I really appreciate the help!

Have a nice day!

Tom
This message was edited by TsTom on 2002-03-26 19:06

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Hi Tom

I am afraid that VBA code cannot send data to cells on a Worksheet in a Closed Workbook.

Would it matter if you reversed this and pulled in the data from a closed Workbook when you open it? I say this because, unless the Workbook is opened it shouldn't matter whether it has had new data entered.

Upvote 0
On 2002-03-25 01:33, Dave Hawley wrote:
Hi Tom
I am afraid that VBA code cannot send data to cells on a Worksheet in a Closed Workbook.

Would it matter if you reversed this and pulled in the data from a closed Workbook when you open it? I say this because, unless the Workbook is opened it shouldn't matter whether it has had new data entered.

"unless the Workbook is opened it shouldn't matter whether it has had new data entered."

It could matter if there was a link to the closed workbook in some other workbook.

If it does matter, why not open/update/close each workbook?
This message was edited by Adcb on 2002-03-25 04:27

Upvote 0
Thanks Guys

Several days later and I don't know what I was thinking. If I has any rational for wanting to do it the way I was trying to do it, it escapes me now.
I've learned so much on this board in the past week.
It doesn't even seem to be a big deal now.
Thanks
Tom

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back