how to simulate mouse button press via VBA

Excelina

hi all,
i have a workbook that opens an other workbook by macro. i have a little mousepointer problem cause the mousepointer in the workbook opened by macro kind of jams and i need to press the right mouse button once in order to make it work normally. my question is how would i simulate this right mouse button pressing by VB code? could sendkey statement or something like that be used here?

sorry for this oversized post, but that´s the way i am

Oops guys! relax please LOL!!

This is what we have been doing for years.. Asking and answering so these pages doesnot need personal argues except programming area.

Sometimes we try to get some fun together and it is not very bad way to sharing.

Sbirro, thanks for nice words, by the way i am just a coder :), anytime you need! Very friendly suggestion: Sometimes you should better feel free to skip some comments if you dont like or just smile. And actually if you didnot post same thread then i would reply like Dave as one of possible solutions.

Peace! We would still need our knowledge in the future. No need to argue..

With my best regards...

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
On this board, it's easy to feel like your question has been relegated to the basement (a.k.a. the nth page). This is simply because there are so many questions posted here at all hours of the day.

If noone knows the answer or doesn't reply right away, reposting your question over and over again doesn't help and simply takes up more space. Basically, it's pretty rude.

There are several ways to see if someone has replied to your questions: check the "Notify by email when replies are posted" option when posting your message. Or, if you don't want to be bothered, simply drag/copy the link to your question to the desktop. That way, if you click on it, you will go directly to your question and be able to check.

Also, if a reply is made, no matter how old the post, it will be moved back to the front pages.

I am not trying to be a pest or anything, but honestly; snipping at each other isn't going to help anything, especially when the proper "etiquette" is observed.

On that note, I'm going home. Thank you, and good night. :biggrin:

Upvote 0
hi all
seems like my little question has caused a lot hassle here. in my trying-to-be-objective view i can´t see what was the big sin that sbirro commited. there is a way of annexing your tone of voice to your post in the chatting and foruming scene if you´re trying to be sarcastic or just humorous: using smileys. like sbirro did after his "those bastards" line, clearly a joke. or like mark did "to take the edge off of his post". or like many others did to soften the tone of their commets. however that "get a new mouse!" by dave, which by the way was directed to me also, didn´t have a smiley, not a traditional one nor a forum graphics one. it had an exclamation point and i must admit that you could get the feeling that mine & sbirro´s problem was somehow inconsequential to dave. i wouldn´t been pissed of by that but i´m not sbirro. his reply to dave was pertinent if anything not too rude from my point of view.

about his earlier post of the same mouse button prob, an opinion was made that he acted rude when reposting the same post "over and over again", well i just read those post and i have got to say, come on kristy! sbirro reposted it 4 times in 32 hours time period just to get new people to take peek of that, maybe it´s not totally correct behavior but to call it rude, maybe YOU should try relaxing kristy! mark is right about the fact that if sbirro had checked the board properly after his locked posting he'd have found marks answer to his question. so there is his mistake, to miss one post. don´t gang up and crucify the man just for that!

anyways, the answer smozgur gave me works fine, many thanks smozgur!

i found marks answer to sbirro´s original send keys question to give me even more help, many thanks for mark also!

and sbirro my darling, thanks for standing up for my questions legitimacy in this cruel forum! ; ) ...(notice the traditional smiley blinking he´s eye)

sbirro, would you like to share your .ani file code with me, i mean the part that activates them on excel sheet?

Upvote 0
Excelina, you have got me totally wrong. It's funny how jumped the conclusion I was rude, my statement "At the risk of sounding smart" was supposed to prove otherwise.

I also thought that Sbirro Cornuto was rather rude. These "MVP's" are very generous helpful people. It it were not for them, people like yourself and Sbirro Cornuto would have to figure there own problems. His response to my earnest question was also rude in IMO.

Although your mouse may not be the problem when you write "i have a little mousepointer problem cause the mousepointer in the workbook opened by macro kind of jams and i need to press the right mouse button once in order to make it work normally" it can easily be interpreted otherwise.

Upvote 0
On 2002-03-28 02:58, Excelina wrote:
...about his earlier post of the same mouse button prob, an opinion was made that he acted rude when reposting the same post "over and over again", well i just read those post and i have got to say, come on kristy! sbirro reposted it 4 times in 32 hours time period just to get new people to take peek of that, maybe it´s not totally correct behavior but to call it rude, maybe YOU should try relaxing kristy! mark is right about the fact that if sbirro had checked the board properly after his locked posting he'd have found marks answer to his question. so there is his mistake, to miss one post. don´t gang up and crucify the man just for that! ...

My intent was not to "crucify," nor to "gang up" on him, as you put it. I was singling noone out with my post. I was simply trying to be helpful by mentioning the generally accepted "message board etiquite" as it were.

To be quite honest, I'm awfully surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet, either...

Upvote 0
On 2002-03-28 05:30, Dave Hawley wrote:
Excelina, you have got me totally wrong. It's funny how jumped the conclusion I was rude, my statement "At the risk of sounding smart" was supposed to prove otherwise.

I also thought that Sbirro Cornuto was rather rude. These "MVP's" are very generous helpful people. It it were not for them, people like yourself and Sbirro Cornuto would have to figure there own problems. His response to my earnest question was also rude in IMO.

Although your mouse may not be the problem when you write "i have a little mousepointer problem cause the mousepointer in the workbook opened by macro kind of jams and i need to press the right mouse button once in order to make it work normally" it can easily be interpreted otherwise.

Okay, okay, okay!

I wasn't gonna bother with this one anymore, but I do need to straighten up few things here and now. I have NEVER been rude to any of MVP's, nor have I questioned their generousnes or helpfulnes and that doesn't limit to the MVP's everybody here is helpful and generous. The only times I have even typed letters MVP on my posts have been when directly asking help from them in the situation which I thought i needed an (excel)professional to help me and in a post under this here topic when I was descriping miss Exelina how desperate I was for their attention. Nothing in that post to put down MVP's. The now so famous line "they locked my post! Those bastards! ; )" doesn't mean that MVP's have locked my post and thus are bastards. It jokingly refers the board moderators to bastards, but like miss E. pointed out there is a smiley there, so it's not something I really think. I knew exactly what was coming my way, when re-posting my question four times. I'm not saying it shouldn't been locked, it should have and it was so no probs!

And Kristy I don't feel like crucified (or gangbanged) either I got no problems with your post it's very fair and accurate, you are absolutely right in everything you say in that.

But Dave, Dave, Dave are you seriously saying that you interpreted Exelinas question wrong an hour after it was all solved by smozgur! Yeah right dude, don't B.S. a B.S.:er... And to your comment: "people like yourself and Sbirro Cornuto would have to figure there own problems", what kind of people are we Dave? I really don't think Board Newcomers, Regulars, Masters or MVP's differ in anyway as people.

I think the moderators would be well adviced to lock up this topic now. Just one more thing to clarify, mr. Hawley, you said: "His response to my earnest question was also rude in IMO. " What the hell man? Are you directly telling lies about me now? What have you asked me and when? And when have I ever responded to your question, rude or polite?

Miss Excelina, I'm so sorry, you got mix up in all this, but I want to thank you of your boldnes and standing up for me, you wanna get married with me?; )

I'll be sure to give you my .ani code ASAP!
This message was edited by sbirro cornuto on 2002-03-28 12:36

Upvote 0
>i needed an (excel)professional
Maybe you did, but you opted for free help. MVP's (and everbody else) on this board answer questions for free.

>hour after it was all solved by smozgur

I think you better look back through the thread Sbirro Cornuto. Just take 5 minutes Sbirro Cornuto and think about what you saying, why would I post the EXACT words I did if the problem was solved. Look at my profile, you will see that I am here to help.

>what kind of people are we Dave?
You are the kind of people that ask questions. Why, what did you have in mind?

RE:And when have I ever responded to your question, rude or polite?
HERE YOU GO:
>Don't worry Dave, I don't see how you could ever sound smart.

>Here's little explanation for you wiseasses:

Upvote 0
RE:And when have I ever responded to your question, rude or polite?
HERE YOU GO:
>Don't worry Dave, I don't see how you could ever sound smart.

>Here's little explanation for you wiseasses:

Your question? That wasn't response to any question of yours, that was response to your smartass answer to Exelinas post! There were no question asked in that post, you were only making fun of somebody!

Upvote 0
>you were only making fun of somebody!

That is only your assumption depsite me telling you twice otherwise. I guess you do not want to spoil your story with any facts though. :)

However, there are 2 facts, 1: you are being very selective to the parts of my post you reply to and 2: You are now down to splitting hairs, which makes in quite obvious you are simply spoiling for an argument.

I feel very sorry that you have gotten yourself so wound up over this, so I shall not be posting anymore to this thread.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back