Excel 2003 - Calculating Age in a Range of Cells

cquinones

Can anyone tell me if there is an easy way to calculate age from a birthdate in a range of cells. For example, Birthdate is in column B, B2 to B110, and Age is in column C, C2 to C110. I'm using the following formula:
=DATEDIF(B2,TODAY(),"y")
I'm just wondering if there is an easier alternative than inputing and changing this formula for each cell. Thanks!

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
Hi and welcome to the board,

Is it not possible to copy and paste the formula down? The formula will move respectively all the way down.

Row 2 = =DATEDIF(B2,TODAY(),"y")
Row 3 = =DATEDIF(B3,TODAY(),"y")
Etc....

Upvote 0
It only seems to allow me to paste one cell at a time and then I have to go back and change the numbers of the corresponding cells, B2 to B3 and so on. Willing to do this, but it seemed time intensive and I thought there might be a better way.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the board.

Since B2 is a relative reference (as opposed to an absolute reference where B$2 would "lock" the 2 as you copy down or $B$2 would lock both the B and the 2 as you copy down or across), you can just copy and paste (or click and drag the bottom right corner of the cell, which changes to a black + sign when you hover the cursor over it) your formula down.

Upvote 0
It only seems to allow me to paste one cell at a time and then I have to go back and change the numbers of the corresponding cells, B2 to B3 and so on. Willing to do this, but it seemed time intensive and I thought there might be a better way.

If you select multiple destination cells before you paste, Excel will paste the formula into all of the selected cells...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solitario

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back