Excel 97 service releases

jjpkraft

I've got a piece of code that reads:
txtPremium = format(curPremium, "$#,##,0")

It runs fine on my home machine (Excel 97) and work machine (Excel 2000) but I've had users complain that they're getting a "compile error" and "can't find project or library" errors. I've only heard of these occurences on Excel 97 SR-2 but don't know that's the cause.

Has anyone run into anything like this?
This message was edited by jjpkraft on 2002-03-25 09:29

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
I've got a piece of code that reads:
txtPremium = format(curPremium, "$#,##,0")

It runs fine on my home machine (Excel 97) and work machine (Excel 2000) but I've had users complain that they're getting a "compile error" and "can't find project or library" errors. I've only heard of these occurences on Excel 97 SR-2 but don't know that's the cause.

Has anyone run into anything like this?

Again i would like to gladly than wonderful Microsoft for this one versions cause all sorts of dramas.

BUT

look at the install and how installed, i beleive that default install are nothing like each other.

OEM releases are ok but i totall sure can be limited in content FULL DSP software is god and should be OK, patches are full but i honestly beleive taht the run subject to whats installed they look for a and patch a if there else move onto b and so on, does anyone REALLY know what the hell Microsoft patch?

My tip is simple load all compleate not custom and make sure all goes in and patch then you full kit.

If you OEM, then i can always see trouble ahead!

Little help but i hope this give some light

BTW Upgardfes to E2000 or XP will not give full if OEM started it off, true but sad.

BEST always get DSP (Direct Source Provider) Software.

Another note..

If you cope and im not saying or hinting it is came from non Microsoft provider then, i would but it in the dustbin, its disterouse kit and poor quality (just for the pirates)

Also we all know most users run pirate s/ware and little anyone can do but yep readers will say i have no problems, well then look at you s/ware and work out why, i guess its corperate kit and im not explaining any more...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cybersurfer5000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back