What files required to run vba in excel?

jgoulart

Board Regular
I want to distribute an excel vba program and I want to make sure that there is nothing special that users have to set up on thier system in order to run it. I guess my initial assumption is as long as the user has a working version of (I'm writing in excel97 and testing in 2000 as well) excel97 or greater they shouldn't have to do anything special other than choose "enable macros" when the file is opened. Is this a correct assumption or is there a component that isn't loaded on a typical excel installation that will prevent VBA from running? Is there a setting that the user can choose that will disable all macros that I need to make them aware of to change? Thanks for the help.

John

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
I want to distribute an excel vba program and I want to make sure that there is nothing special that users have to set up on thier system in order to run it.

No excel has VBA built in like it or not.

I guess my initial assumption is as long as the user has a working version of (I'm writing in excel97 and testing in 2000 as well)

Yes if users have E97+ it will work OK

excel97 or greater they shouldn't have to do anything special other than choose "enable macros" when the file is opened.

Correct they canchoose unless options set to low, not very recomended thou:

Is this a correct assumption or is there a component that isn't loaded on a typical excel installation that will prevent VBA from running?

No like i say i have never hit agros in this default ie typical will load VBA and of cause the VBE (Editor)but poss agros on OEM some help file goes missing ,,,, in VBA

Is there a setting that the user can choose that will disable all macros that I need to make them aware of to change?

No only if they set macro warnings to low, but not advised a pain but worth it is a second to check the file is known prior to opening.

Thanks for the help.

Hope taht ok, post more if needs be,,,,

Upvote 0
When you are in the VBA development environment, click on Tools, References.
Those are the files on which your project is dependant. Most are standard, but I have had problems with references on different machines even though they were running the same version as I.
Not a huge deal to fix references.
Have Fun!
Tom

P.S. The checked files are the ones you need.
This message was edited by TsTom on 2002-03-25 13:10

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maplemeadows

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back