Detecting Printers

Izar Arcturus

Hello all,

Is there code that allows a macro to detect all the printers available for a user.

I am already aware of the command:

Application.ActivePrinter.

I want to be able to change the active printer to "Generic / Text Only on ..." at the beginning of a macro and then be able to switch it back to the original printer at the end of the macro. This greatly increases the speed of execution for my macro, but "Generic / Text Only on LPT1" is the driver on my computer and "Generic / Text Only on ne00" is the driver on my bosses computer. I need code that will allow the macro to acurately detect the driver for this change to work.

Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you.

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Your getting deep here!

Best bet:

Search Microsoft for:

Win32 Software Development Kit
see > PrtDevMode, PrtDevNames, PrtMip...
Good Luck!

Upvote 0
Hi --

To add:

Printing to networks printers DOGGY! i have suffered this one and always rember under armagedon the drive or in this case printer seen as Jack1 and Jack2 the servers see as UK1 and UK2 just for fun, so its frawt with windows for error to pop up..

OK you asked for ideas, this is my way i use everday to maintain contol:

I run script to produce letters and so then save as unique file name and save in MYDIR, i then select all and manually assign to the printer i choose setting the configeration as i want.. Macros dont like manual feeds for top try in dual bins or not that i ever solved. Also ever tried duplex prints on the fly via VBA NASTY!

my way worth a try takes seconds longer and is hitch free. time it right and even time for coffee!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back