cascading combo boxes...??? - Page 5
Manage your personal finances in Excel
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 116

Thread: cascading combo boxes...???

  1. #41
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

     
    Hey

    Would the indirect work with data in rows rather then in columns.

    E.G

    A13 = Country. List of Countries in B13 C13 D13

    Thanks

  2. #42
    MrExcel MVP Aladin Akyurek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    The Hague, NL
    Posts
    81,786
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manah786
    Hey

    Would the indirect work with data in rows rather then in columns.

    E.G

    A13 = Country. List of Countries in B13 C13 D13

    Thanks
    Not sure what you mean. It should not make any difference whether (sub)lists are laid out vertically or horizontally

  3. #43
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default editing the lists

    Hi, first let me thank you for the data validation tip but I wanted to know if there was a way to edit the list because when I go back to it excel doesn't allow me to change it and then I have to create a all new excel sheet to insert another word/name.

    Please let me know if this is possible.

  4. #44
    MrExcel MVP Aladin Akyurek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    The Hague, NL
    Posts
    81,786
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: editing the lists

    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsfan
    Hi, first let me thank you for the data validation tip but I wanted to know if there was a way to edit the list because when I go back to it excel doesn't allow me to change it and then I have to create a all new excel sheet to insert another word/name.

    Please let me know if this is possible.
    Try to be specific: Edit which/what list?

  5. #45
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Naming a range as a number

    I am trying to use this method for combo boxes, but i have drop downs with lists of numbers ... is there a way to name a range as a number, or do i need to use a different method?

  6. #46
    MrExcel MVP erik.van.geit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Belgium 3272 Testelt
    Posts
    17,832
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi, guys,

    Here's my contribution to this thread.

    a userform technique
    perhaps the "pros" here can check for possible enhancements

    kind regards,
    Erik
    I love Jesus

    email Erik

    founder of DRAFT

    my free Addins
    Table-It download & info
    Formula Translator 04

  7. #47
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Aladin,
    That was a great idea.
    I need one more.
    What if I change the selection in A1. I need the list in 2nd column to not show the earlier selection, I need that to get reset to blank each item a new value is selected in A1.
    Pls help
    TIA,
    Gowrish

  8. #48
    Board Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    1,218
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I too have wondered how to get the second list to reflect changes made to the first list instead of showing invalid data. I asked that question in this forum and did not get an affirmative answer. Since then I've thought maybe there is a way for the second list to display "pick from list" when the first list is changed. This probably requires VB. Any ideas, anyone?

    DJ

  9. #49
    MrExcel MVP Aladin Akyurek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    The Hague, NL
    Posts
    81,786
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ggowrish
    Aladin,
    That was a great idea.
    I need one more.
    What if I change the selection in A1. I need the list in 2nd column to not show the earlier selection, I need that to get reset to blank each item a new value is selected in A1.
    Pls help
    TIA,
    Gowrish
    Quote Originally Posted by djl0525
    I too have wondered how to get the second list to reflect changes made to the first list instead of showing invalid data. I asked that question in this forum and did not get an affirmative answer. Since then I've thought maybe there is a way for the second list to display "pick from list" when the first list is changed. This probably requires VB. Any ideas, anyone?

    DJ
    I think this request requires VBA, that is, a non-formula approach.

  10. #50
    Board Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Mahesh
    Posts
    419
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

      
    I tried your example of COUNTRIES USA AND FRANCE but I get an error "The source currently evaluates to an error. Do you wish to continue?"

    This happens when I try to use the Indirect formula in cell C1

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 

 
DMCA.com