Error Checking in Excel
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Nested IF and LOOKUP functions (edit 1)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to retrieve information on pipe lengths from Table 2 and insert them into Table 1.
    Table 1 has the pump station number and year of installation in a row, and the pipe diameters in columns. The length needs to be put in the appropriate row under the appropriate column heading.
    Table 2 holds information from a RIS dump of the GIS data. Pump Station, year, diameter, and length are all in columns. I have an ascending sort by pump station and year.
    No 2 pump stations are alike, some have only one year and one diameter while the worst case has 3 years and 2 diameters.
    Can you please help me figure this out, I have multiple problems with syntax.
    Thanks in advance Randy

[ This Message was edited by: rsw8679 on 2002-03-26 07:24 ]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Randy, your data and explanation are very hard to understand. If you try to give a better explanation of what you are trying to do, I'd appreciate it. Maybe others will understand, but as soon as a question starts dropping to the bottom of the page unanswered, I get concerned--especially if I don't understand it, because maybe no one else did either.

If you really cannot explain it better, perhaps you should offer to send the file to someone.

~Anne Troy

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others