Very Basic Help

Lisamariex

I’m a total beginner at Excel and I know this is trivial to you Excelologists, but I want to analyze keno #s for my grandma. I have winning #s in a spreadsheet. (20 #s per game (in columns) and 1000+ games (in rows). What I want to find out is how many times a number shows up with another number. What do I do?
Thanks in advance...

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
On 2002-03-25 21:22, Lisamariex wrote:
I’m a total beginner at Excel and I know this is trivial to you Excelologists, but I want to analyze keno #s for my grandma. I have winning #s in a spreadsheet. (20 #s per game (in columns) and 1000+ games (in rows). What I want to find out is how many times a number shows up with another number. What do I do?
Thanks in advance...

Hi Lisamariex:
Welcome to the Board, and how about that 'Excologists'!
It will help if you can post some sample data about the games and the winning numbers. I am not familiar with the keno game but I am sure others who traverse this board are -- but posting some sample data will help!

Upvote 0
Yogi,

Keno is a game where there are ping pong balls numbered 1 - 80. 20 balls are drawn for each game. A wager is placed and payoffs are determined by the number of correct balls drawn from the 20.

Upvote 0
On 2002-03-25 21:49, Brian from Maui wrote:
Yogi,

Keno is a game where there are ping pong balls numbered 1 - 80. 20 balls are drawn for each game. A wager is placed and payoffs are determined by the number of correct balls drawn from the 20.

Hello there Brian:
Thanks for the info -- it still does not mean that I understand the game -- well I guess because I am not into games!

Upvote 0
Hello Lisamariex

Let's say you have your number in Column A, in B1 put:

=Countif($A$:$A$5000,A1)

Then just copy this down.

BTW, if this helps you win the "BIG one" my contact details can be found on my Web site :eek:)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back