Conditional Format by date

Pankman

How do I get a column of dates to turn red if they are more than 3 days older than the current date? I'm sure I've seen the answer to this somewhere on here before but I cant seem to find it

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
On 2002-03-26 01:21, Pankman wrote:

How do I get a column of dates to turn red if they are more than 3 days older than the current date? I'm sure I've seen the answer to this somewhere on here before but I cant seem to find it

Lets say that the dates are in A2:A10.

Activate Format|Conditional Formatting.
Choose 'Formula Is' for 'Condition 1'.
Enter in the formula box:

=A1+3<=TODAY()

Activate Format.
Select red on the Patterns tab.
Click OK, OK.
This message was edited by Aladin Akyurek on 2002-03-26 01:41

Upvote 0
Hi Pankman

You will need to use
=A1=TODAY()+3

Or

=A1=TODAY()-3

Depending on your need. If you just use:
=A1<=TODAY()
All dates, equal to or less that the current date will be red.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies, but they didn't seem to work. You see, I have a userform that people fill in, and one of the fields is date, formatted as "dd mmmm yyyy". When they click the command button at the end, the information goes into a sheet of the workbook. Now this info builds up and builds up, so what I need to do is earmark the ones that are older than others, so if the date in the date field is 3 days old or more, then I want it to go red. Would any of this be helpful in figuring out why it didn't work?

Upvote 0
You are probably entering the dates as Text.

Use:

Range("A1")=Textbox1.Value

Just ensure your cells are pre-formatted as the date format you want.

Upvote 0
On 2002-03-26 01:45, Pankman wrote:
Thanks for the replies, but they didn't seem to work. You see, I have a userform that people fill in, and one of the fields is date, formatted as "dd mmmm yyyy". When they click the command button at the end, the information goes into a sheet of the workbook. Now this info builds up and builds up, so what I need to do is earmark the ones that are older than others, so if the date in the date field is 3 days old or more, then I want it to go red. Would any of this be helpful in figuring out why it didn't work?

Did you try the formula in my edited reply?

Upvote 0
Hi Aladin, the formula looks great except that I need the formatting to be for the whole of column A, not just A1. How would I do this?

Upvote 0
On 2002-03-26 02:03, Pankman wrote:
Hi Aladin, the formula looks great except that I need the formatting to be for the whole of column A, not just A1. How would I do this?

Did I forget to say that you need to select the range of interest before you activate Format|Conditional Formatting? If so, that should be the first step in the procedure I described.

Aladin

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leon Leenders

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back