Referencing problem

MrStressed

Board Regular
Afternoon All. I have a real nasty I need a solution for.

A spreadsheet has four sheets, one per region, each of these sheets lists employee id numbers, each employee has an id number for each sales area, some id numbers are the same in different sales areas. This is the sheet I need to populate from the following:

Spreadsheets for each area (twelve areas)listing the employee id number and the number of sales they have achieved for different product types.

How do I get the data from my 'area' sheets to my 'region' sheets ensuring that the correct data referenced to the employee id number goes to the correct 'region' sheet.

You help would be gratefully appreciated

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
IMHO...

First thing you need to do is get all the area sheets into one sheet. Then you get all the region sheets into another sheet. Your region sheet should contain summary information of all your area sheets. Use Autofilter, Grouping, and Subtotals (all under the Data menu) to perform the *separations* of data that you're now performing by using separate sheets.

See my little do-up on file layout for using Excel as a database:

http://www.thewordexpert.com/excel.htm#FileLayoutForDatabases

Let me/us know if you need more help from there.

Upvote 0
I have posted almost the same question again. I followed the link you gave and I have followed the conditions and text of that link. My spreadsheet(s) comply. My second posting, I believe, explains my problem a little clearer. I would like to avoid putting everything into one sheet, as it takes just as long to strip out the data i need to ignore, then to sort it then to reference the employee id to the manager.
Can you suggest anything further?
Regards.

Upvote 0
Actually, did you try the features I've mentioned? Why would it be more difficult to *strip out* the data? The thing is, you don't have to strip it out. By using autofilter, you can choose to view only the data from a specific branch. Perhaps you need to check into these features further. It seems as though you do not understand how they work. If you'd like to send your file so I can give you an example as to how I see your file working, feel free. Dreamboat@TheWordExpert.com

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b1step2far

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back