Design Mode in VBA

michaeldh

Board Regular
Guy's,

I was wondering what design mode is used for in VBA. I always have this switched off when writing programs. What does it do and when should you activate this feature?

Cheers.

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Hi, design mode is used to edit a control on a sheet. For example, if you put a list box on a sheet and you later wanted to resize the box, then you would select design mode so you can do that. In non-design mode the control is effectively locked in place.

If you select the Control Toolbox to draw a control etc, you will notice that design mode automatically comes on.

Hope Ive explained this well enough.

Upvote 0
Guy's,

I was wondering what design mode is used for in VBA. I always have this switched off when writing programs. What does it do and when should you activate this feature?

Cheers.

Almost 14 years after this question was posted, I was looking for the answer, but didn't see any clear, straight answer on the internet, though a link from MS may be helpful (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa716232(v=vs.60).aspx).

Testing with my applications, the VBA design mode button appears to ...
...in Excel, close all open forms.
...in Access, put all open forms into design mode, which helps you not to get interrupted by some timer while trying to make changes to the code.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back