Where do the Wizards go to find this stuff?

Rocky E

Board Regular
Where do the Wizards go to find this stuff? Is there a book that tersely lists all the properties of the various Excel objects? For example if I want to control the visible property of a text box named "Text Box 1" what is the correct syntax and constants?

Thanks!

Rocjy

I just went to Barnes and Noble and picked up "Using Excel Visual Basic for Applications" and it is pretty helpful esp. for a beginner like myself. Just an idea.

Greg

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
My two cents' worth...

This site and those who've made it a practice to help those of us who need a little help and advice have proven invaluable.

Many, many thanks to those of you who know this stuff and provide your insight.

bobmc

Upvote 0
Tis not a simplistic approach!

The best way to learn is through application. Books are great and have their use as far as reference, but solving the problem requires diligence and skill.

Helping others here is a great way to learn.
Plus, what you get from a book is what is supposed to work, what you get from here is what actually works. I have tons of books and perhaps they have given me about 10 to 20% of what I have attained so far. I have found the help files better than books in general. You'll stump your growth with that attitude grandpa!
Happy posting!

Tom
This message was edited by TsTom on 2002-03-27 07:50

Upvote 0
Tom,
Well I have no interest in a shooting match or flame fest. Yes I am a Grandfather and proud of it. As a Board Master, your kindness and hospitality encourage me to ask many more questions elsewhere. With your “tons of books” you won’t or can’t offer a title. That seems just a little strange. I have looked at the Object browser and it appears to be handy tool. Thank you for that.

Now just let me go in peace and read a book, please.

Rocky…

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcus05

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back