Stock car racing points championship calculator

bozz

Hi all,

Although I use Excel quite a bit, I am only able to do fairly basic stuff. I have been wracking my brains trying to come up with a points championship calculator for a stock car league I am involved in. Currently I do the calculations manually. Here's what I need help with :

Basically, I need to enter the results of each race. Each race records the top 10 finishers and assigns points to each individual driver. Each placing will be recorded / entered as the driver's number. Ideally, Excel will then calculate the amount of points scored by each driver during the race meeting and return a list containing the points scorers highest to lowest.

An example of a race result to be entered : 131 281 42 355 575 439 161 373 9 77 (each number is a driver)

A heat race is scored 12pts, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
A feature final is scored 25pts, 20, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2

To complicate things slightly, we sometimes have an extra race after the feature. The winner of the feature scores double points if he places in this extra race. All other positions are scored as per a heat race.

Is it also possible to calculate prize money for each driver ?

I have looked all over the net and on this forum but I cannot see anywhere an example where values can be assigned to number data (unless I am being dumb?)

Any help would really be appreciated. If someone could point me in the right direction, I will have a play although I will struggle to understand anything too complicated - but I will do my best !!

Does this template work for races like the new nascar points series. Stage 1 & 2 points are awarded to top 10 drivers and then stage 3 awards all drivers with points

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Hello. Now that is a nice spreadsheet table, BUT i find only one problem with it: it requires to match the Driver to the result of the race, which is not exactly what i am looking for.

Is there a way, if i have a grid that is 25(races) by 26(driver), that i can match the result to the driver and have excel calculate the corresponding points to the result?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cancansova

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back