progress bar for a refresh on open pivot tables

Jackeb

Board Regular
Hi,

I have a program that uses pivot tables, these tables refresh their contents on open of the workbook,

my question is how can you provide a dialog or such like that will display the progress of the refresh. Bearing in mind that there are about six pivot tables in the workbook??

Cheers Ed

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Hi
Look up help on Progress bar
You will need a way to figure out how to break down the process into a mathematical figure or as a second choice, you can use an average time though this would vary on different systems.

I would insert the progress bar on a userform, but it appears that you can insert one directly on the worksheet itself if you'd like. If you understand pivot tables, you won't have any problem using a progress bar.
Tom

Upvote 0
Ts, cheers for that... how would I find the progress bar control and how should I attach that to the refresh on open??

Ed

Upvote 0
Hi again.
While in design mode, click on the little tools icon at the bottom of the Control Toolbox menu bar,
then select the Microsoft Progress Bar.
I'm assuming that you have it on your system.
If you need more detail, please repost.
Tom

Upvote 0
TS I hate to say it but because I am using a corperate version of MS2000 i don't have that feature... arrgghhhhh Y cannt they just stop being so paranoid

Upvote 0
Just as a forethought, how would you suggest that I control the userform, ie make it open without pausing the refresh and make it close once the refresh is complete??

Ed

Upvote 0
Well,
Some of the guys on here, namely Dave, have raised some security issues with using non-modal forms. If you are using code to work with your pivot tables, you can place this code in the userform itself or you can display the form non-modal or use doevents.
If you are running Office 2000 then you can use non-modal userforms, if 97, it gets more complicated, but there is a workaround available though I do not have the website link.
Are you using code to refresh your pivot tables?

Upvote 0
Ts,

I am using the refresh on open for the pivot tables, should I code the refresh events ??

I am using COE3.2 version of MS2000...?

Upvote 0
I don't know the first thing about pivot tables.
I'm new to Excel and it appears there is very little that you cannot code.
I'm gonna get one of the other guys to help you. You'll get better help.
Tom

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back