grey cells that should not be

pgconti

Board Regular
A fellow worker had a sheet of his excel workbook turn a majority of the cells grey, however when I go to format the colour to no colour, it already has no colour. If I copy and paste the sheet else where than the grey colour background is removed.
There are no macros in the background, and the sheet may be protected.

Any ideas?

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
When I check conditional formats the pattern colour is black not grey. I turned it to grey and chose the work area range. Yet it did nothing. When I look at the sheet the Whole sheet is grey except for a area that has a boarder around it and large writting PAGE 1 in a light grey written diagonally across it.

Any other ideas?

Upvote 0
Also, check in Tools/Option, Color tab and see if anyone has modified the white color (the bottom-right box in the "Standard Colors" section should be pure white) and then formatted the cells white (or any other color). If modified, click the "Reset" button on the Color tab; if formatted, reset to "no color".

Upvote 0
Turns out is was on the print preview I think, after he go out of it the text in the cells disappeared yet they remained in the formula bar. Luckliy when I copy and pasted to another sheet it did not have the grey and was workable, so thanks everyone for helping but I wont waste any more time on it yet it will probably naw at me subcociously.

Upvote 0
Actually, he did mean print preview.

The same thing just happened to me and it was because the spreadsheet actually opened in print preview mode, although it wasn't in the standard print preview box, so I had no visual evidence suggesting that was the problem. This post helped me recognize that and when I selected File/Print Preview, the mode shut off.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back