Weird EOMONTH #NAME error

cornflakegirl

One of my colleagues is using a spreadsheet that has an EOMONTH formula in it. It works properly on one of her machines, but gives a #NAME error on the other, even though the Analysis Toolpak is ticked. Anyone seen this before? (She works on both machines at the same time with the same network user id - is it possible that this could confuse Excel about whether the Toolpak is really there?)

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
One of my colleagues is using a spreadsheet that has an EOMONTH formula in it. It works properly on one of her machines, but gives a #NAME error on the other, even though the Analysis Toolpak is ticked. Anyone seen this before? (She works on both machines at the same time with the same network user id - is it possible that this could confuse Excel about whether the Toolpak is really there?)

The Analysis Toolpak add-in must be active (see Tools|Add-Ins)...

Upvote 0
This happens to me from time to time with the edate function. The only solution I've found is to untick the analysis toolpak and then, tick it again. Then F2 the cells with the error. I would love to know how to prevent this from happening!

Upvote 0
If your colleague always has this error on the same machine, and restarting Excel / reinstalling the toolpak add-in makes no difference, this behaviour could be due to VBA being disabled on the machine. If this is the case, a similar error would occur for other toolpak functions, and lots of other features would be unavailable. It's unlikely that this is the problem because I'm sure you would have picked up on this limitation because of the other lost features; however, worth bearing in mind.

See here for more information.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282847

Colin

Upvote 0
I don't suppose one of the machines uses 2007?

Upvote 0
Hi Rory

No, we haven't upgraded yet. (Are we likely to encounter problems with this if/when we do upgrade?)

Upvote 0
It's very possible. I've read of quite a few problems with ATP functions producing #NAME errors. This is especially true if you have some users on 2003 or earlier and some on 2007, but I've seen reports of spreadhseets created in earlier versions having problems (I think there's a path being stored in the function call).

Upvote 0
Re: Weird EOMONTH #NAME error - EVEN Weirder?

Perhaps not relevant to OP, but -

Just noticed in Excel 2007 spreadsheets that when I edit any cell with a formula, the cell name box says EOMONTH! The spreadsheets are not using the EOMONTH function (although I have used it in others) and there are no named ranges in the sheets.

Does anyone know what this means?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuddy_Duddy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back