Date sensitive?

Doulos48

I have a spreadsheet where there is one master sheet, which is linked to about 20 other sheets. Each individual sheet has a number of columns with information that is totaled up at the bottom and each column labeled at the top with at date for each week (ex: 3/25, 4/1, 4/8..etc). These totals for each week from each sheet are linked to the master sheet under the same dates. Now the problem is each week it all needs to get updated to where the week prior gets deleted and a new one at the end needs to be added (basically each sheet is planned out 6 months ahead so for example the week of 3/25 I would delete the week of 3/18 and add a new blank column, at the end of the sheet, labeled the week of 9/30 with the same formulas and link to the master as the others) everything needs to be moved over but still keep their same date and totals. I tried a macro but it was very messy. I don’t know if there is a formula that is date sensitive or something. Any suggestions?

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Hi Doulos48:
Welcome to the Board! Your explanation is quite clear. From what you described, your date formulas should be setup just one time, and then the weekly updates should happen automatically.
Can you post some data where the dates are not moving or whatever else the problem is? Then let us take it from there!

Upvote 0
Thanks for responding...I am not sure how to post an example of what I am trying to do on the website in excel format...is that what you need me to do?

Upvote 0
On 2002-03-27 13:09, Doulos48 wrote:
Thanks for responding...I am not sure how to post an example of what I am trying to do on the website in excel format...is that what you need me to do?

Hi Doulos48:
You are right ... it is hard to post it on the board!
If you want you can email it to me and then let us take it from there!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back