Excel program wont restart?

Todd_M

Board Regular
Maybe some could help with this problem. I was in the middle of ajusting some items on a usersheet on my project, when a message appeared that my system resources where low! I coundnt undo anything that I did because the program froze up. I exited the program without saving those last adjustments and now I cant reopen it. When I try to reopen, the screen just turns white, and freezes. Worst yet is the back up disk wont open either on my "D" drive. All my other excel programs open and are not affected. I rebooted the computer, but it still didnt open the program. I uninsalled microsoft 2000, then reinstalled it and still the program wont open including the back up disk!. I have no idea why this happend and what is really strange is the back up disk isnt working. The back up disk worked this morning with no problem. Please help???

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
Sounds like a file corruption issue. These usually end badly with very little or none of the data able to be recovered.

However, there are things you can do. First, try opening the document with Excel 2002. It's error recovery is very good and there is a chance of it recovering some of the data. Often the formulas and formatting are lost though.

If you like, send it to me at mark@markhenri.com and I'll have a look at it. I'll return it if I can get it to open.

Check out Q142117 at the Microsoft's support site, support.microsoft.com for more ideas on data recovery.

Since you get two free support calls with the Office suite, you could call Microsoft Support at 425-635-7056 for assistance. Don't expect a miracle though. These calls are really frustrating for us as well as you and though we do are best, sometimes, there isn't much we can accomplish.

Upvote 0
Hi
Excel could still be hanging on to a temp file created at the crashtime.
find your TEMP-folders and clean them out.

if that doesn't do it try to reinstall excel's setting.
From the tastbar choose Start->run and write Excel.exe /unregserver
Excel then unrigisters
Then write
Excel.exe /regserver

regards Tommy

Upvote 0
Da.. , I didn't see that the original post was that old.
I sure hope that his problem is solved :)
Tommy

Upvote 0
Tommy

Dont worry

Markis digging up every single post that techi and age dont come into it, ive tried to PM and email and post to chat with him, but ????????????????????????

Dont worry mate you acted in faith that fine

Upvote 0
Thanks mate
I can see that now.
I was begining to get a little worried with all those crashes..... :)

BTW, nice logo you got..
Regards Tommy

Upvote 0
Like i say now worries mate, it delt with the world chatting

Ive been on this site 2 years now and odd Microsoft staff pop up all act the same, shame some are so skilled, but cant deliver it!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flashbond

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back