excel training required

pattiexcelled

It was suggested that I say what I will need regarding my excel test. (Thanks Mark) All I know is I will be tested on my excel knowledge and asked to produce a table or chart and put it into a document. The subject will be social services in nature with names, dates, $, etc...? If ANYONE can suggest how I might prepare...see earlier post seeking free online courses or demos, please rsvp asap. Thanks, Patti

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Just thought of something, use Excel help:

Charts - Look at Excel help for "Chart Wizard"

Tables - Unless they're complicated the main things you're going to need for making tables is to know the following:

How to "Format" cells
"Formatting numbers, dates and times"

(Anything with "" around it stick into the the paperclip's question bubble, or put in it the answer wizard in the proper help file. I hope this is a start.

Upvote 0
On 2002-03-27 14:13, pattiexcelled wrote:
It was suggested that I say what I will need regarding my excel test. (Thanks Mark) All I know is I will be tested on my excel knowledge and asked to produce a table or chart and put it into a document. The subject will be social services in nature with names, dates, $, etc...? If ANYONE can suggest how I might prepare...see earlier post seeking free online courses or demos, please rsvp asap. Thanks, Patti

Hi Patti:
I have develped a web-assisted CD-based curriculum for Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel, Access, and Powerpoint.
The course I have developed is also suitable for self tutoring.
How much time you have to learn Excel and prepare for your test?
Apparently, you do have access to a computer and the Internet ... so if you have some time to prepare, it is doable.
You may email me if you like with some more information, and let us take it from there!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BatCoder

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back