date spreadsheet

JGarza

Board Regular
I am trying to calculate the number of weeks from one date to another (ie how many weeks are there between 3/03/01 thru 8/1/02)

Does anyone know a formula?

Blimey! where do you start, others will have better more concise answers I know.

VBA, is Visual Basic for Applications, it's a programming language that allows people to Automate Tasks/Make things happen on opening/closing/changing The spreadsheet (the list is endless).

A UDF is one such thing that can be writen in the VBA part of the application. It stands for User Defined Function.
Basically, when you use Excel there will a time when it's just not possible to use the predefined Functions to get the result you what, these being SUM(), COUNT(), VLOOKUP() the list goes on.

All I can suggest is you search this sight and other for VBA and UDF if you want explore a whole new world of possiblities.
That's all I can put towards this, I'm not hot on VBA.

I noticed that you registered yesterday, believe me when I say, the people on this sight will take you a long way if that's where you want to go.

Stick around a while, ENJOY the show

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
I edited my suggestion re User Defined Function for number of Weeks. See above.

Upvote 0
On 2002-03-28 07:39, JGarza wrote:
Joe Was, Dave Patton & Yogi Anand

I AM SO CONFUSED??

What is a VBA and a UDF??

VBA is Visual Basic for Applications, the programming language that comes with several Microsoft Programs.

UDF, User Defined Function. Uses VBA language to create a specific task.

Upvote 0
On 2002-03-28 07:39, JGarza wrote:
Joe Was, Dave Patton & Yogi Anand

I AM SO CONFUSED??

What is a VBA and a UDF??

VBA is Visual Basic for Applications, which is a subset of Visual Basic that has added to it extentions to work with applications like Excel, Access and Word. This is what Macro's, frames and other options are written in.

UDF is a User Defined Function. You use VBA to write code that when added to a workbook or Excel works like a standard sheet function. That is if you need a function and will use it more than not and it is not a part of the sheet functions supplied with Excel or a part of the supplied add-in's; You may want to write your own sheet function or what is known as a UDF. JSW

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back