Viewing spreadsheet data in a split window

DorenM

Hello!

Is it possible to view data in multiple columns running down a spreadsheet tab, in multiple windows side by side? I'm creating dynamic calculation "forms" that cost out a project with multiple parts, and need up to 20 parts on a spreadsheet tab. I currently have these forms running down the spreadsheet so that all viewable data is in columns A-H. I then need to view the costs of the first "part" against the other 19, hopefully side by side. I was hoping to just be able to programatically split the spreadsheet so that the left window would be frozen on the first instance, and then all of the others could scroll down the right window. Unfortunately the split only provides one vertical scroll bar, so both windows scroll together instead of separately.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
On 2002-03-27 20:46, DorenM wrote:
Hello!

Is it possible to view data in multiple columns running down a spreadsheet tab, in multiple windows side by side? I'm creating dynamic calculation "forms" that cost out a project with multiple parts, and need up to 20 parts on a spreadsheet tab. I currently have these forms running down the spreadsheet so that all viewable data is in columns A-H. I then need to view the costs of the first "part" against the other 19, hopefully side by side. I was hoping to just be able to programatically split the spreadsheet so that the left window would be frozen on the first instance, and then all of the others could scroll down the right window. Unfortunately the split only provides one vertical scroll bar, so both windows scroll together instead of separately.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Have you tried Window, New Window, Arrange, Vertical

This will give you 2 windows with the same workbook and you can have the same worksheet in both windows

Upvote 0
Thanks Sam! That works well, as long as all the rows are the same height. (I'm comparing data from one window to the other, so need the rows to line up.)

Thanks again!
D.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sienna de Souza

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back