easy problem for you to solve. time problems

edwinver

I am very new to Excel and I use it not much. But my problem is: I have to add different times to a total time.

person A worked 2:30(hh:mm) hours, person B worked 1:35 hours, person C worked 4:54 etc. Now I want to have a cell with the totall time (in this case it should be: 8:59).

Can anybody help me please.

Edwin

BTW English is not my native language so sorry if I have writen something wrong.

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Hi Edwin, simplest way is to format the cells using custom formats as hh:mm then as long as you input the hours worked as eg 02:30 or 12:20 when you sum the cells in the normal way you should get the answer 14:50.

Regards

Upvote 0
Hi Edwin, simplest way is to format the cells using custom formats as hh:mm then as long as you input the hours worked as eg 02:30 or 12:20 when you sum the cells in the normal way you should get the answer 14:50.

Regards

Upvote 0
On 2002-03-28 02:37, almar_dc wrote:

Regards

Thanks. That worked but if the total time is more than 24 hours he will start to count from zero again and I am missing 24 hours. What to do with that?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alrossman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back