New to Excel, hope you can help

Beladorizid

Greetings all. I'm hoping to tap into your wisdom for a problem I am having.

I have designed a simple little spreadsheet in Excel 2000 that allows me to track active job candidates we deal with on our website. The information listed for each candidate is their name, then 5 coloumns (Interview Notes, Picture, PI, References and Test Scores) Now, the 5 coloumns are there to track when they have completed that stage of registration, so if Jane Doe completes her PI I can go to that coloumn next to her name and place an X there. In an additional coloumn to the far right of all others, I have a seperate coloums called "active"

Now as to the question, and what I am hoping to do.

I am hoping to be able to merge, link, group ... whatever .. an entire row so that if I move it, all of the appropriate x's will follow it. If I sort coloumn A by name, I want the appropriate row data to follow .. I hope I am clear enough on that.

I also want to be able to delete a name, have it delete the entire row of data, and slide the rest of the list up to cover the blank line.

I am able to send what file I do have via email if anyone wishes it, and could really use any aid I could get my hands on. I thank you in advance for all your help.

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
If you need to do a sort, DO NOT select Column A alone. Instead, select ONE cell in the data range, and then do the sort. Excel will mantain each row "together"

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back