Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New to Excel, hope you can help

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greetings all. I'm hoping to tap into your wisdom for a problem I am having.

I have designed a simple little spreadsheet in Excel 2000 that allows me to track active job candidates we deal with on our website. The information listed for each candidate is their name, then 5 coloumns (Interview Notes, Picture, PI, References and Test Scores) Now, the 5 coloumns are there to track when they have completed that stage of registration, so if Jane Doe completes her PI I can go to that coloumn next to her name and place an X there. In an additional coloumn to the far right of all others, I have a seperate coloums called "active"

Now as to the question, and what I am hoping to do.

I am hoping to be able to merge, link, group ... whatever .. an entire row so that if I move it, all of the appropriate x's will follow it. If I sort coloumn A by name, I want the appropriate row data to follow .. I hope I am clear enough on that.

I also want to be able to delete a name, have it delete the entire row of data, and slide the rest of the list up to cover the blank line.

I am able to send what file I do have via email if anyone wishes it, and could really use any aid I could get my hands on. I thank you in advance for all your help.

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you need to do a sort, DO NOT select Column A alone. Instead, select ONE cell in the data range, and then do the sort. Excel will mantain each row "together"
    Regards,

Juan Pablo González
    http://www.juanpg.com

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others