Pivot Table from Access

2077delta

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I would like to create a pivot table from a query in Access. However when I connect to the query through the wizard, it won't let me run the query. If I try to run the query I just get a beep, no error message. If I try to add a filed from the Access query to MS Query I get an error message that reads "Too few parameters. Expect 1". My Access query is actually a summary query of another query that retreives the detail data I need for the summary. In addition the detail query in Access has one parameter it prompts the user for. Is this type of query unusable for MS Query? Can I build a multi-level query in MS Query like the one I have in Access (although I hate to duplicate the effort)? Is it better to bypass MS Query and use VBA in some way to connect to the tables or Access query and run the query?

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
The parameter in the query is what's causing your problem. You could use VBA to set up your pivot table, and could use an InputBox to ask the user for the parameter value.

-RH

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fairooza

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back