big conditional formating problem

Casey

Board Regular
Hello,
I have a problem with a workbook that has several sheets.. What Im trying to do is I have an intial sheet with laboratory results in, then I have another sheet which organizes the data in a differnt array, but I use an If function and if the result is less than 1 then 1/(result) is used, otherwise simply (result) is used. Now the problem is can I make a conditional format as to if the cell is (result) or 1/(result) and make the first red and the second green. The values will be similar, so I cant discern using numerical values. I dont know if VB is necessary, but I would be happy to go that route also.
Any help you can give would be appreciated or any further clarification I can give please let me know
Casey

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
I think this CAN be achieved using Conditional Formatting...

If Result is in A1 then try this for the first condition.

Value Is
Less Than

And click on the Pattern button, and select RED as font color, or background color.

Add another condition but now select
Value Is
Greater or equal than

And select GREEN now.

Is this what you're looking for ?

Upvote 0
Unfortunatly It wouldnt work, the cells will have roughly equivalent values, the determining factor will have come from the formula [=IF(resultsheet!O14>1,resultsheet!O14,1/(resultsheet!O14)). Each cell uses this formula and the resultsheet is another sheet in the workbook. And after the formula has been done, the values in the cells are relatively the same. I just want to know if there is a way to format the cells depending on if the above formula is found true or false.
Thanks Casey

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back