Macro Cruncher

viper

Is there anyway to protect my files on open from my work Excel's Macro Cruncher?

They have what we call the "Macro Cruncher".
Some of my files have been disabled or deleted by this cruncher depending on the type of Macro I use. The cruncher seems to delete any file with userforms added and just disables other macros.

Is there any code I can write to innocculate my spreadsheets?

Just wondering,

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
You would have to disable all of the macros via security to protect yourself.

If you have the source code of the cruncher - yo may be able to do something.

Upvote 0
Hi Viper

Sounds like your IT department have taken the very easy way out at the inconvenience of everybody else. They couldn't be bothered doing their job efficiently so they get a "Macro Crusher", this way they can sit back and rest assured they are stopping a potential virus be taking a blanket approach.

Upvote 0
Im with Dave IT dept need to have a look at their delivery of the system/network..

VBA virus are not so bad.. and i collect virus enfected files to test V Checkers and i can say i have a large collection of macro virus, i guess now almost 60000 diff types bet no more than 25 are macro related, so seem a very sill approach to me. Whats the worst they restore something from backup,, hard life.

To add... its less than fashionable to write macro virus files now, and when you look at some which are extreamly cleaver, bouncing out milluions of emails arround the world all infected, with no distruction but to slow servers as heavy pay loads. im at a loss all very silly.

Programmers that cleaver should jump on this site and HELP people thing what they could show us and all for the good.

I bet somewhere the IT dept had a issue and someone panicked so your where you are now.

All the network needs is FULL daily update Virus protection not local install but local PC point to the server and do as you like down time if you have any nasty virus will be limited to one PC and 30 mins all restored.

Need strong IT dept... look at all i bang on about.. i must haev access somewhere and i am a basic fininace guy?

Upvote 0
Thanks guys,

I agree, one bad apple doesn't spoil the rest of us. But all I have to do is send them the file and they can check it see how it works and add whatever code they have to for it to work properly.

Thanks again,

Upvote 0
Yes they should be able to do this OK, the Sware checks the file name of VBA, if on VBA im lead to beleive that its a line entrt they add and its reference to the file name, stops people like me adding this line to all my codes.. which i would and they know it.

kinda of one line one file stuff..

If it were me i would bribe the IT department, which of cause i would not dio my self! cough!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back